Sant Feliu de Guíxols was certified as a Family Holiday Destination in 2014. With this certification, the Catalan Tourist Board distinguishes towns that provide facilities and services adapted to the needs of families with children.
Sant Feliu de Guíxols is certified as providing accommodation, restaurant services, leisure and free time facilities for younger visitors. These services are verified by the technical staff of the Catalan Tourist Board, who certifies that they provide such services.
SFG for children and adults: Both in summer and in winter, we provide a wide amount of activities to enjoy an unforgettable day with the family: Beach, nature and active tourism, nautical activities, culture and gastronomy.
1. THE BEACH
Sant Feliu de Guíxols has breathtaking beaches and coves, such as Sant Feliu and Sant Pol beaches, the latter with its characteristic beach cabins. These beaches are the ideal place for the family. We can take a bath or sunbathe there. You are also invited to practise some of the many water sports to explore the seabed or enjoy the charm of the coves: diving, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, paddle surfing, snorkelling... with plenty of activities for all ages. Another proposal is to do a boat trip to spend a few hours at sea and know our coast from offshore.
You will find also the Kids Club on the beach of Sant Pol and the Library on the beah, on Sant Feliu de Guíxols beach. You can enjoy a lovely day on the beach with all that families need.
KIDS CLUB on the beach:
Throughout the summer, children between 3 and 12 years old can enjoy the Kids club located on the beach of Sant Pol, a children's play area and a programming that includes workshops and leisure and educational activities to have fun.
2. NATURE AND FAMILY FUN
The coastal path and the viewpoints route are the essentials. It takes about an hour to walk from Sant Pol beach to cala Jonca (a cove) in the harbour, where picnic tables are provided to have a break with the family while we enjoy the landscape.
Another option is cycling on the Greenway, a cycling path that also begins in the harbour and follows the old railway “Carrilet”. It is suitable for all ages.
For the bravest, there is the Via Ferrata on Cala del Molí, an spectacular climbing tour over the sea. It is a perfect place to start climbing.
If you don’t have enough, we invite you to discover Sant Feliu de Guíxols mountains. Hike up slowly with your family through Ardenya and Gavarres Massifs, with the aid of Natura Local app, which has self-guiding routes and itineraries. These routes are designed to explore the natural heritage of our surroundings. It is a new way to discover the nature, raising children’s awareness of the importance on the environment and the own values.
3. CULTURE AND EVENTS
We invite you to stroll around the city centre and the promenade while you enjoy the architecture, eat an ice cream or have a horchata (almond milk drink) in the shade of a terrace. Let yourself be captivated by the monumental Monastery and its Porta Ferrada: climb to the Torre del Fum and pretend to be a knight or a princess for a day. In the building, you can find the History Museum. You can also visit Carmen Thyssen Space that has international works of art in summer. There is a special room for children called the Kids Space. Family guided tours are also offered. To finish the day, you can go up to Sant Elm hermitage to contemplate the sunset with a spectacular panoramic view. A picture to remember can be taken from that viewpoint. A little tourist train can lead you there.
Referring to culture and music in Sant Feliu de Guíxols, the following events must be highlighted: Porta Ferrada International Festival (music, theatre and dance), Celebration of the town (in august), Brunyol Market (Easter) and Christmas Market, which includes performances, workshops and other activities for all ages. Throughout the year, there is a wide offer on Theatre for children and Storytelling with a special and unique programming.
The gastronomic campaigns give you the chance to taste a typical dish throughout the year. These offers can be found in the establishments certified as family tourism, where there are special menus for the children. Thus, you can physically recuperate to continue day. Our gastronomy is characterised by the quality of our proposals and the wish to promote local and seasonal products.
Do not miss these essentials to fully enjoy with your family during your stay:
- Have fun in Parc Aventura with its circuits; Climb the Via Ferrata that hangs above the sea. It is suitable for adults.
- Dramatized and musical guided tours in the Monastery: Pretend to be a monk for a day and immerse yourself into the history in a funny way.
- Coastal route and viewpoints, Ardenya-Pedralta paths: discover Sant Feliu mountains with its walking routes, suitable for all the family.
- Enjoy a relaxing evening with a carousel ride and a picnic on the beach, while watching the sunset.
- Introduction to sailing, snorkelling and diving: discover aquatic activities with the children.
- Enjoy the Art with the Thyssen Kids Room: a place full of culture, where you can discover the different periods and movements of the international art history.
- Play in the Kids Club on Sant Pol beache and read on the Library on the beach on Sant Feliu de Guíxols beach. Take part in the family workshops.
- Take part in the Brunyol Market, Explica'm Tale and other Stories Fair, the Christmas Market... and the wide amount of fairs that are held throughout the year. You can find plenty of activities to enjoy with your family.
- Cycle through Sant Feliu de Guíxols to discover its corners: Cycling tracks.
- Visit the Toy History Museum and be amazed by its lifetime toys. The adults will remember their childhood and the children will know these toys, most of them still in use.
The following companiess are certified as Family Holiday Destination:
- Hotel del Mar www.hotelrestaurantdelmar.com
- Bungalodge Sant Pol & Càmping www.campingsantpol.com
- Vil.les Brus i i Apartaments Estel www.brusisantpol.com
- Alàbriga Hotel & Home Suites www.hotelalabriga.com
- Les Dunes (H. Barcarola) www.barcarola.com
- Can Nadeu www.cannadeu.com
- Cau del Pescador www.caudelpescador.com
- La Gaviota www.barlagaviota.com
- La Locanda di Nonna Flo www.locandadinonnaflo.com
- Marabú www.restaurantmarabu.com
- Sa Marinada www.samarinada.com
- Can Segura www.hotelcansegura.com
LEISURE AND FREE TIME COMPANIES
- Museu de la Joguina www.museudelajoguina.cat
- Escola de Vela Força 3 www.forca3.net
- Pac Aventura www.parcaventura.agirones.com/ca/
- Dive Different www.divedifferent.com
- Piscis Diving www.piscisdiving.com
- Bravamar www.bravamar.net www.kayakguixols.com
- Parc Atraccions Giravolt - Jardins Juli Garreta s/n - Tel. 630 073 325 - email@example.com
- Espai Carmen Thyssen Kids www.espaicarmenthyssen.com
- Oficina de Turisme www.visitguixols.com