It’s a small rocky cove, located between Cala Maset and Cala del Peix. Dogs are allowed.
The Niu cove is surrounded by a beautiful landscape of pine forests. It has two different parts: a rocky spot and a point of view with two benches in the north and a small beach in the south. About 5 dogs are allowed. Waste bins are placed there.
The access is by foot from the coastal path, where there is a tunnel dug into the rocks. It is a man-made tunnel, under a garden of an apartment building. Another way to get there is by the coastal road from Sant Feliu de Guíxols to Sant Pol (km.633). There are some stone steps that will lead you to the cove.
Conditions of use:
- It is recommended the access of 5 dogs
- It is required to walk 5 - 10 minutes
- There is not a close car park
- Dogs are not allowed in the water, when there is a rough sea
- Use the waste bins
- Bring water for the dogs and a drinking bowl
- Current preventive measures against Covid - 19 must be followed, especially social distancing
- It is not a cove adapted to people with reduced mobility
- Fishing is only allowed from 10pm to 7am
Other recreational spaces for dogs. Data provided by the Environment department of the Town Council:
*Recreational space for dogs: fenced public space provided with benches, water fountains, waste bins and dog waste bags.